Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mini Mission # 17 - Buy Local Dress

Hi all!

Sorry for the hiatus. I was on a family trip to the USA for the first time with our 4 month old baby boy Charlie - we went to visit my Grammy and for a friend's wedding - it was exciting to travel overseas with a baby, and not even as stressful as I thought! But time for blogging there was not...

Alas, I am back with another thursday mini mission for you. It's a bit of a hokey one, but I think it's a lot of fun.

source
Local dress is more popular in some places than in others. Here in Bavaria, Tracht like Lederhosen and Dirndls has become increasingly popular in recent years, and I know hardly an Expat who doesn't have a set to wear at least to Oktoberfest and other beer festivals throughout the year. But even in other countries where local dress might not be quite as trendy, there are still lovely traditional outfits to be had.

For this mission do some research and buy yourself something local to wear. You don't need to buy an entire outfit - perhaps a pair of traditional sandals or a fancy hat will do the trick? The challenge of this mission is finding the item you are looking for - you may even have to visit a seamstress or tailor to get the job done - but I guarantee you will be rewarded with a really special keepsake and a never fail conversation piece.

Did you buy something? What is your favorite piece of local dress?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily

    What a lovely idea, especially considering it was World day for Cultural Diversity the other day. I think its a great way to show your respect for other cultures as well. I already own a few dresses from places I have visited in the past and now I have another reason to carry on.

    Look forward to hear from you more.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...